If you’re buying a home, you’ll have plenty of options when it comes to financing – and one of them will include choosing between a fixed rate and an adjustable rate mortgage.
What is a Fixed Rate Mortgage?
A fixed rate mortgage is one in which your interest rate remains the same over the lifetime of your loan. Your payments will never change, no matter what new buyers are facing on the market, unless you refinance.
What is an Adjustable Rate Mortgage?
An adjustable rate mortgage is one in which your interest rate fluctuates each year, usually on or near the same date. Your payments can go up or down, but that’s only after an initial fixed rate period (which is usually between 5 and 10 years).
Which One is Right for You?
You should talk to your lender about your choices and see which type of loan is best for your financial circumstances. You have the right to compare loan terms and packages, as well, so call as many lenders as you’d like to find one that’s willing to give you the most competitive rates possible.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million