Woody Creek, CO is a great place to call home, so if you’re thinking about finding your next house here, you’ll be glad to know that it’s a friendly, welcoming community.
Woody Creek, CO: The Basics
Woody Creek is a census-designated place tucked in the northern part of Pitkin County. It’s part of the world-renowned Roaring Fork Valley, just northwest of Aspen on Highway 82.
From Woody Creek’s Humble Beginnings to Today
Woody Creek used to be called Collins Creek. Settled in the late 1800s, this charming town still features working ranches and the original homesteader’s log cabin (it’s at the Flying Dog Ranch).
As the community evolved, the Lee Jones family built a cabin that still stands today, as well—it’s home to the Woody Creek Tavern, where notable author Hunter S. Thompson was a frequent patron.
Several other celebrities have also called Woody Creek home, including:
- Broadcaster Ed Bradley
- Don Henley of the Eagles
- John Oates of Hall and Oates
- Jimmy Ibbotson of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- Actor Don Johnson
Woody Creek’s Current Landscape
There are fewer than 300 people who live in Woody Creek, and many residents live in gorgeous developments, luxury homes nestled among the trees, and quiet cabins with breathtaking riverfront views.
If you’re looking for Woody Creek homes for sale, you can search our listings according to your budget by using the links below.
- Woody Creek CO Homes under 100k
- Woody Creek CO Homes 100k – 200k
- Woody Creek CO Homes 200k – 300k
- Woody Creek CO Homes 300k – 400k
- Woody Creek CO Homes 400k – 500k
- Woody Creek CO Homes 500k – 600k
- Woody Creek CO Homes 600k – 700k
- Woody Creek CO Homes 700k – 800k
- Woody Creek CO Homes 800k – 900k
- Woody Creek CO Homes 900k – 1 Million
- Woody Creek CO Homes over 1 Million
Are You Buying a Home in Woody Creek?
Call us at 970-429-8275 or get in touch with us online to tell us what you want from your next home. We’ll begin searching for your new house right away. If you’re selling, get your free Woody Creek real estate market update and find out how we can help you sell your home quickly and at the best price.