Before you sell your home, there are three things you really, really need to do: Declutter, depersonalize and stage. Here’s how.
Declutter, Depersonalize and Stage
It’s incredibly important to make your home as appealing as possible to potential buyers – and the best way to do that is to declutter, depersonalize and stage your home.
Declutter all the living areas in your home. Be ruthless! Forget about the whole “if it sparks joy” concept – take out everything that doesn’t make your home look like a magazine-worthy showplace. You don’t have to get rid of anything… you just have to pack it away and put it in storage for use in your new home.
Take out everything that says, “I live here.” Family photos, eclectic decor, or anything that might offend a buyer has to go. Replace it all with neutral items that you’d see in a furniture store showroom and you can’t go wrong.
You don’t have to be a staging professional to make your home more appealing to prospective buyers (although you can certainly hire one). You just have to have an eye for aesthetics and know how to group furniture properly – and you have to take out anything that interrupts the natural flow of traffic.
Related: 3 staging tricks from the pros
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million