If you’ve always wanted a pool, get one.
But don’t get one just because you think it’ll boost your home’s value. Here’s why.
Should You Add a Pool to Boost Your Home’s Value?
A pool can certainly add value to your home, but not in all cases. For example, if you live in a neighborhood where most of your neighbors have pools, it most likely will. But if you’re thinking of adding a pool that will take up the whole backyard, and none of your neighbors have one, it’s probably best to shelve the idea for your next home.
A pool isn’t a guarantee that you’ll even get your money back on the investment. The average cost to install a swimming pool measuring about 600 square feet is $30,000 – and you’ll have to install a safety fence, lighting and other accessories. The cost can add up quickly; many people end up spending upwards of $100,000 to install a good-sized pool and all its accessories.
Don’t forget about maintenance expenses, either.
Don’t People Want Homes With Pools?
Swimming pools aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. In fact, some people won’t buy a home with a pool – and they have several reasons for avoiding them. Maybe they have small kids, and a pool presents a significant risk; perhaps they don’t have the time or the finances to keep up on maintenance. Sometimes pools increase property taxes, too, which means it can scare off buyers.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million