Whether you’re buying a new home or deciding on a remodel project for your current abode, installing a new cork floor may be worth considering. A properly installed cork floor has many benefits and will add considerable value to any home.
Cork Flooring: the Good Stuff
As a flooring material, cork is resilient, warm and provides a cushioned walking surface. This makes it a fabulous alternative to carpeting. Allergy sufferers or those who simply don’t like carpet can still enjoy a luxurious barefoot stroll if they install cork flooring in their homes.
Some other benefits to choosing this material include:
- Shock-absorbing surface
- Wide choice of colors available
- Easy to maintain
- Pairs well with radiant heat systems
- Can be patched seamlessly if damaged
- Pairs well with radiant heating systems
Drawbacks to a Cork Floor
Cork can become permanently indented from heavy furniture. It may not be your best option if you tend to move furniture around or redecorate often. Using furniture pads to distribute the weight of tables and sofas can prevent this sort of damage.
Cork also tends to fade in direct sunlight, so this can be a concern for certain rooms. Pet owners should be aware that the spongy, resilient nature of cork may mean that dog or cat claws can mar its surface.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million