Compact fluorescent bulbs, or CFLs are miniature versions of the standard fluorescent lightbulb. In spite of their size, CFLs fit into all standard sockets. At first glance, they are reminiscent of the incandescent bulbs we’re all familiar with. However, they have a far more pleasant and diffused lighting characteristic than the harsh illumination we tend to associate with school or office interiors. The downside to CFLs is that they contain mercury, which is not much of an issue unless they break, in which case the cleanup can be a bit problematic. Mercury is a dangerous heavy metal, making proper cleanup and disposal of CFL bulbs critical. You should never place a used CFL bulb with the rest of your trash. Review information provided by your local waste management company or public works department to ensure proper disposal.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million