When you’re thinking about selling your home in Aspen, whether it’s a condo or a house, there are a few things you need to do before it’s market-ready. One of those tasks is to make sure everything’s up and running so you don’t get caught in a position where a buyer wants you to make major repairs within a quick time frame.
What Should You Fix Before You List Your Home for Sale?
Anything that affects the function of your home, or the way that a major system operates, needs to be fixed before you put your house on the market. That means if you have some areas in your home that need some TLC – anything that’s broken – you need to devote your attention to them before you call a real estate agent to list your house for sale.
That includes things like:
- Leaks, including drippy faucets
- Appliances that don’t function properly, especially if they’re built into your home
- Pest infestations, like bees or squirrels in the attic
- Safety hazards
- Environmental hazards
- Cosmetic upgrades, like repainting the kitchen or taking down wallpaper in the dining room
Search Aspen Homes for Sale Now
One of the best ways to determine what needs to happen is to keep up with the Joneses – literally. If your neighbors have beautifully landscaped yards, upgraded kitchens and other features that you don’t, it’s in your best interest to invest in them before you put your house on the market. There’s a fine line buyers walk; they don’t want to buy the fanciest house in the neighborhood, because it’ll be tough to sell later, but they don’t want to buy the oldest-looking one with the fewest amenities, either.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or a Nearby Community?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million