If you’re like most people who are selling a home in Aspen, you want to sell quickly and at the best possible price – but you have to be careful that your home doesn’t have any of these seemingly minor issues that could completely derail your transaction.
3 Things That Could Wreck Your Home Sale
Check out these mistakes that a lot of sellers make so you can avoid them:
- Leaving windows without dressings
- Failing to change light bulbs
- Not cleaning thoroughly
Mistake #1: Leaving windows without dressings
Window dressings are important, even if they’re not top-of-the-line. The fact is that buyers form impressions of every room of the house – but their overall impression has to be favorable if you want them to consider buying your house or condo.
Without window dressings, a million things can run through a buyer’s mind: Can people see in? How much do blinds cost? Where are we going to find curtains that drape just like those do?
It’s important that you make sure your home has its best foot forward when you’re selling, and window dressings are part of that.
Search Aspen Homes for Sale Now
Mistake #2: Failing to change light bulbs
A burned-out bulb says “The seller doesn’t really care enough to maintain the house.” Even if that’s not the way you mean it – maybe you haven’t had a lot of time on your hands lately (and who does? You’re still working, running a household and prepping to move, so it’s totally understandable). But these little details contribute to buyers’ overall impressions of your home, so try to carve out time for them.
Mistake #3: Not cleaning thoroughly
Your home needs to be spotless, even if it’s not staged. No matter what, you want buyers to see that your home is simple to maintain and that you have no problem keeping it clean. A lot of people hire a professional to come in for a deep-clean before listing a home on the market – and that’s a good idea if it fits within your budget. That way, you only have to maintain what the pros have done.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or a Nearby Community?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million