If you’re searching for a home for sale in Aspen, Basalt, Carbondale, Snowmass or Woody Creek, it probably won’t be long until you find the perfect place.
And when you do, you really want your offer to stand out. If it doesn’t, you run the risk of losing your dream home to another buyer.
4 Ways to Make Your Offer Stand Out
- Come up with a large earnest money deposit
- Offer to rent the house to the seller for a while
- Be flexible on your closing date
- Pay your own closing costs
Come Up With a Large Earnest Money Deposit
The larger your earnest money deposit is, the more likely your offer is to stand out to the seller. Typically, you can expect to pay between 2 and 5 percent of a home’s sales price – and to stand out, you want to be on the higher end of that spectrum.
Offer to Rent the House to the Seller for a While
If the seller is working on his or her own timeline, it might be beneficial for you to offer to let them rent it for a limited time. Their timeline might hinge on a new house being completed, a work relocation or a number of other factors.
Search for Aspen Real Estate Listings Now
Be Flexible on Your Closing Date
If it’s not going to throw you off, be flexible on your closing date. Sometimes sellers need just a few extra days (or a month) before they can comfortably close – and if you offer them that flexibility, your offer will stand out.
Pay Your Own Closing Costs
Rather than asking the seller to pay your closing costs, offer to take care of them yourself. That puts more money in the seller’s pocket – and if you’re the only buyer who’s offered to pay them, you might just win the home.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million