Carbondale has the distinction of being a hip, fun place to live – and Men’s Journal agrees. They named Carbondale one of “The 10 Best Places to Live Now,” and for good reason. It’s a middle-ground area where friendly people and reasonably priced homes meet, and it’s absolute paradise for people who enjoy outdoor recreation.
5 Reasons Carbondale is the Perfect Town for You
Carbondale is just off Highway 82, halfway between Snowmass and Glenwood Springs. It’s nestled in the “V” of the Roaring Fork River and Crystal River, with spectacular views all around, and it’s one of the friendliest cities you’ll find in the entire state.
So what’s so special about Carbondale?
- The Rio Grande Bike Trail is in your backyard. This 44-mile trail is a spectacular—and fairly easy—ride that’s frequented by Aspen local Lance Armstrong. It’s actually a multi-use trail, so it’s the perfect place for an all-day outing with friends or family. We also have trails leading to Red Hill and Mushroom Rock, The Crown Trails and the Lead King Basin Loop; there’s no shortage of hiking, biking and walking trails in this pretty community.
- The country’s best fly-fishing is also in your backyard. The Roaring Fork Valley is known for awesome fly-fishing, and there are plenty of shops that will cater to your needs when you’re heading out for a day on the water.
- Carbondale is minutes away from the state’s best hot springs. The geothermal pools at Avalanche Ranch and historic Glenwood Hot Springs are perfect places to soak your way to serenity, and they’re just outside city limits.
- Golf, golf, and more golf. Some of the most breathtakingly beautiful golf courses in Colorado are located in Carbondale. The River Valley Ranch Golf Club, the Ranch at Roaring Fork and Ironbridge Golf Club are all within minutes of this friendly, picturesque community, and each has the distinction of receiving rave reviews from professionals, locals and visitors.
- People in Carbondale are involved in Carbondale. With a population just shy of 6,500, Carbondale isn’t a “small town,” but it has the same feel. People who live here take pride in the fact that they’re part of a community. Live music and movies, the Wild West Rodeo every Thursday during the summer, and year-round fun are all part-and-parcel of living in this town.
Ready to Explore Carbondale for Yourself?
Call us at 970-429-8275 or get in touch with us online. We’ll be happy to help you search Carbondale real estate listings and ensure that you find the perfect home in this fantastic town. Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll build a custom search just for you.