When you’re looking at homes for sale in Aspen, your Realtor(R) will walk through each home with you and look for red flags that might pose a problem for you – but there are plenty of ways you can find trouble spots, too.
Here’s how to tell when a seller is hiding something.
How to Tell When a Seller is Hiding Something
Check out these tips to find out if there’s something the seller doesn’t want you to know.
#1. Look for overstaging, like mood music piping throughout the house. While it’s a great way to sell a lifestyle, it could be being used to mask traffic noise or other nuisances.
#2. Check how big the sofa is. Sometimes people try to use less furniture in an effort to make rooms look bigger than there are. If there’s only a loveseat and no sofa in the living room, there might not be enough room for your own furniture.
#3. You smell a lot of Febreze or other air fresheners. There’s something to be said for a home that smells good – but it needs to smell good because it’s clean, not because it’s been doused in perfumes.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million