Revamping Your Home’s Color Scheme
According to Gary McBournie, you should create a color scheme palette before you do anything.
“I come up with a basic color scheme for the whole house, and then I take that from room to room,” says McBournie.
Finding New Focal Points
Don’t tuck away your antiques and unique pieces.
“Use and enjoy your antiques and unique finds,” says designer Bunny Williams. “Especially in a utilitarian room like the bathroom.
Use Short Furniture to Make Your Rooms Appear Taller
Designer Todd Romano is a big fan of creating strong verticals.
“Avoid the horizontal,” says Romano. “I adore large mirrors because they add scale to a room. I also [keep] furniture low-slung, so the rooms seem taller.”
Add Color to Window Trim
Designer Meg Braff and Jeffrey Bilhuber say you should focus on window trim.
“Window trim is an often-overlooked opportunity to make a statement,” says Braff.
“I often end up painting them green, to blend in with the landscape. Or sometimes I paint them pitch black, so the muntins practically disappear in the evening,” says Bilhuber.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Aspen?
If you’re thinking of moving to Aspen or any of the surrounding communities, we’d love to help you find your dream home. Give us a call at 970-429-8275 or get in touch with us online. If you’re selling, get your free Aspen real estate market update and find out how we can sell your home quickly and at the best price.
Check out Aspen real estate listings by price here:
- Aspen CO Homes under 100k
- Aspen CO Homes 100k – 200k
- Aspen CO Homes 200k – 300k
- Aspen CO Homes 300k – 400k
- Aspen CO Homes 400k – 500k
- Aspen CO Homes 500k – 600k
- Aspen CO Homes 600k – 700k
- Aspen CO Homes 700k – 800k
- Aspen CO Homes 800k – 900k
- Aspen CO Homes 900k – 1 Million
- Aspen CO Homes over 1 Million
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings