If you’re selling a house in Aspen or any of the surrounding communities, you might be thinking about upgrading your kitchen sink to improve your home’s resale value – and in some cases, that’s a good idea. However, it’s often a good idea to leave big jobs to the pros (especially if they involve plumbing). In any case, it doesn’t hurt to know about the types of kitchen sinks and what you need to consider with each.
What You Need to Know About Kitchen Sinks
The most common sink types are top-mount, undermount, and pedestal.
Top-mount sinks require hardware, fittings and adhesive. You install them over a counter top, so they can be a little easier to work with when you’re replacing an old one.
Undermount sinks can be pretty complicated to install. You have to fit them securely beneath a countertop, and you’ll need specialized tools and hardware.
Pedestal sinks, commonly called farm sinks, are often pretty simple to install – but relatively few homes have them. They’re typically heavy and fragile, though, so that’s something to consider.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million