We aren’t going to sugarcoat it: moving is stressful. Many people choose to hire professionals – but even then, it’s still a difficult experience.
If you hire movers, know that they will be professional and polite… but here’s what they really want you to know.
What Your Movers Want You to Know
- You can help by preparing for the move ahead of time. Make sure your movers know ahead of time if they’ll be moving a large, oddly shaped or heavy item.
- Decide whether you’ll pack yourself or your movers will pack for you – and if you choose to do your own packing, make sure you’re done by moving day. Stack your boxes against the walls so your movers have ample space to navigate your home as they pack the truck.
- Make note of what’s valuable. Communicate with your movers about things that are exceptionally valuable (even sentimental value counts) so they can take extra care with your precious items.
- Label everything you can. Make sure the movers know which room your belongings should go in at your new home.
- Don’t help while the movers are on-site. Your movers are very experienced, and well you may feel as if you are helping by lifting boxes, carrying things out to the truck, or sorting through your packed items… but you aren’t. Worse, you could be an insurance liability.
Typically, it’s acceptable to tip your movers. Remember, they are in the service business, and they’re working very hard. If it’s a long day, provide drinks and snacks – or even lunch.
Are You Moving to Aspen?
If you’re moving to Aspen or the surrounding communities, check out our:
- Aspen homes for sale
- Basalt homes for sale
- Carbondale homes for sale
- Snowmass homes for sale
- Woody Creek homes for sale
When you’re ready, call us at 970-429-8275 or get in touch with us online. We’ll be happy to help.
409 Meadowview Lane Basalt, Colorado
4 Beds 5 Baths 3,288 SqFt 0.200 Acres
513 N Thomas Road Carbondale, Colorado
5 Beds 3 Baths 2,295 SqFt 4.910 Acres
8509 Co Rd 250 Salida, Colorado
3 Beds 2 Baths 3,734 SqFt 74.050 Acres
459 Pinon Drive Glenwood Springs, Colorado
4 Beds 3 Baths 3,228 SqFt 2.100 Acres