3 Issues That Surprise Buyers on Closing Day
Unfortunately, there are three big issues commonly surprise homebuyers on closing day—but here’s what you can do to bounce back and keep moving forward with the transaction.
The Walk Through Makes You Want to Back Out
When you go through your soon-to-be home to do the final walk-through, which many people save for the morning of closing day, you’ll notice all kinds of issues that you didn’t the last time you went through the home. Sometimes when a house is vacant, little things look more dramatic than they are—but to err on the safe side, schedule your walk-through a few days before closing.
Many homebuyers are surprised to find out—typically after closing—that their property doesn’t quite go where they thought it did.
To make sure you’re not surprised on (or after) closing day about where your property boundaries lie, ask for a copy of the survey. You can even make it a condition of your offer.
Nobody wants to hear about title problems, least of all on closing day. However, when an issue comes up—which can happen just before you sit down at the closing table—you want to know immediately so the seller has the opportunity to fix it.
To avoid a last-minute title surprise, make sure your Realtor® is in close contact with the title agent, and that your lender is, too.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen?
We’d love to help you find the perfect home for sale in Aspen.
If you’re thinking of moving to Aspen or any of the surrounding communities, we’d love to help you find your dream home. Give us a call at 970-429-8275 or get in touch with us online. If you’re selling, get your free Aspen real estate market update and find out how we can sell your home quickly and at the best price.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale between over $1 million