Before you buy a house in Aspen, Basalt, Carbondale or elsewhere, you need to take a few steps to make sure you’re on the right path.
3 Things to Do Before You Buy a Home
Save Your Money
Make sure you have cash stashed away for a down payment and:
- A home inspection
- Closing costs
- Repairs or upgrades
- A few monthly mortgage payments
Get your loan preapproval before you even begin looking at houses. That way, you’ll know how much house you can afford – and whether you’ll be able to fit your payments into your budget.
Talk to a Realtor
Make sure you’re working with an Aspen Realtor® who will help you find the perfect home at the right price. Your agent should care about your wants and needs (and know which are which) and should be able to show you any listing you want to see.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million