Whether you’re buying a luxury home for sale in Aspen, a ranch in Basalt, or a condo for sale in Snowmass, your Aspen Realtor® will build contingencies in your real estate purchase contract to protect you during the deal.
What Are Contingencies?
Contingencies are an “if this, then that” scenario. If something happens that would derail your deal, the contingency that your agent builds into your contract will allow you to walk away without being burned.
Some of the most common real estate contingencies have to do with appraisals, home inspections, and financing.
Three Common Real Estate Contingencies
Your agent will talk to you about all the possible contingencies he or she can build into your contract, but these are the most common.
Contingent on Appraisal
If the home’s appraised value is lower than your purchase offer, this contingency can allow you to back out of the deal.
Contingent on Inspection
If the home inspection turns up something big—or even something minor—you may be able to walk away from the transaction if the seller won’t fix it or make price accommodations.
Contingent on Financing
Nobody wants to be stuck buying a home they can’t pay for, so if you’re unable to obtain financing, this contingency lets you leave the deal.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale between over $1 million