Moving is stressful. Even if you hire a moving company, it’s still a big deal… and there are some things you should know before the big day.
How to Help Your Movers (and Yourself)
- You can help by preparing for the move ahead of time. Make sure your movers know ahead of time if they’ll be moving a large, oddly shaped or heavy item.
- Decide whether you’ll pack yourself or your movers will pack for you – and if you choose to do your own packing, make sure you’re done by moving day. Stack your boxes against the walls so your movers have ample space to navigate your home as they pack the truck.
- Make note of what’s valuable. Communicate with your movers about things that are exceptionally valuable (even sentimental value counts) so they can take extra care with your precious items.
- Label everything you can. Make sure the movers know which room your belongings should go in at your new home.
- Don’t help while the movers are on-site. Your movers are very experienced, and well you may feel as if you are helping by lifting boxes, carrying things out to the truck, or sorting through your packed items… but you aren’t. Worse, you could be an insurance liability.
Typically, it’s acceptable to tip your movers. Remember, they are in the service business, and they’re working very hard. If it’s a long day, provide drinks and snacks – or even lunch.
Are You Moving to Aspen?
If you’re moving to Aspen or the surrounding communities, check out our:
- Aspen homes for sale
- Basalt homes for sale
- Carbondale homes for sale
- Snowmass homes for sale
- Woody Creek homes for sale
When you’re ready, call us at 970-429-8275 or get in touch with us online. We’ll be happy to help.