When you’re a pet parent who’s buying a home for sale in Aspen, Basalt, Carbondale, Snowmass or Woody Creek, your primary concern is your four-legged family members’ safety.
Check out these pet safety tips for moving.
Pet Safety During Your Move
- Make sure your pets are chipped and registered
- Prep them for the car ride
- Board your pets if you can
- Acclimate your pet to your new home
Search for Aspen Real Estate Listings Now
Make Sure Your Pets Are Chipped and Registered
Anything can happen during a move – even your beloved pet slipping out the door while you’re carrying boxes out to the truck. Make sure your pets are chipped and registered before you move, and make sure everyone’s wearing a collar.
Prep Your Pets for the Car Ride
If your pets aren’t too used to the car, take them for a few rides before the big day. Make sure they’re properly restrained, and take them to places they love (like the dog park). That way, they’ll associate car rides with something paws-itive. (We couldn’t resist.)
Board Your Pets if You Can
If it’s possible, board your pets for moving day. You’ll minimize the chances of an accidental escape, and your pet will be less stressed watching the comings and goings.
Acclimate Your Pets to Your New Home
Moves shock pets. Although you’ve been planning it for some time, there’s no way your pet can understand what’s going on. When you get there, allow your pet to explore. Place favorite toys in different rooms, bring plenty of treats, and give your four-legged family member extra attention to make things easier.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million