If you’re like many people, you’ve heard that you should buy a home near a school – but is that really true? Here’s what you need to know.
Should You Buy a Home Near a School?
School is in session for half the year, which means the building near your home is going to be busy in the mornings, all day, and during the afternoon – so is buying near a school right for you?
Many families search for homes near certain schools; it’s common for buyers to want to be in certain districts – and even within the boundaries for specific schools. So what are the pros and cons of buying near a school? They can vary by family – what works for one might not work for another.
Check out these lists of pros and cons to see whether buying near a school is right for you.
Pros of Buying a Home Near a School
- Kids can walk to school rather than being driven or riding the bus – and walking is great exercise, too.
- Sometimes schools allow community residents to use their playgrounds after school and on weekends.
- Schools often provide community activities and can pull a community together.
- Resale value on homes can be higher, depending on the school.
Cons of Buying a Home Near a School
- Traffic can be hectic at pick-up and drop-off times.
- Kids can be loud as they walk to and from school, and sometimes they hang out in the area after school – so if you want a quiet neighborhood with no children, buying near a school might not be for you.
- Off-hours might be loud, too, such as when the school hosts sporting events, craft fairs and other events.
- Neighborhood parking might not be enforced during school hours.
Are You Selling or Buying a Home in Aspen?
If you’re ready to sell your home in Aspen, Woody Creek, Basalt, Carbondale or Snowmass, we may be able to help you.
Get in touch with us right now to find out how much your home is worth – and discover how we’ll be able to help you sell it quickly and for top dollar.
If you’re also looking for a home for sale in Aspen or a nearby community, check out our listings by price:
- $200k to $300k
- $300k to $400k
- $400k to $500k
- $500k to $600k
- $600k to $700k
- $700k to $800k
- $800k to $900k
- $900k to $1 million
- Over $1 million
38750 Highway 82 2223 Aspen, Colorado
1 Baths 435 SqFt
152 Willoughby Way Aspen, Colorado
5 Beds 6 Baths 6,853 SqFt 0.740 Acres
100 E Dean Street 3D Aspen, Colorado
2 Beds 2 Baths 880 SqFt
400 W Hopkins 4/8 Aspen, Colorado
4 Beds 5 Baths 4,567 SqFt
26 Twining Flats road Road Aspen, Colorado
6 Beds 3 Baths 3,675 SqFt 2 Acres
1024 E Cooper Avenue 9 Aspen, Colorado
3 Beds 2 Baths 1,077 SqFt
176 Mountain Laurel Drive Aspen, Colorado
4 Beds 5 Baths 5,272 SqFt 0.720 Acres
0184 Mountain Laurel Drive Aspen, Colorado
4 Beds 6 Baths 3,916 SqFt 0.720 Acres
1452 Crystal Lake Road Aspen, Colorado
5 Beds 5 Baths 3,047 SqFt 0.660 Acres
1152 Cemetery Lane Aspen, Colorado
4 Beds 5 Baths 3,468 SqFt
449 Mountain Laurel Unit #4 Aspen, Colorado
4 Beds 3 Baths 2,570 SqFt 0.450 Acres
449 Mountain Laurel Drive Unit 3 Aspen, Colorado
3 Beds 3 Baths 2,249 SqFt 0.450 Acres
931 Gibson Avenue Aspen, Colorado
6 Beds 9 Baths 8,003 SqFt 0.360 Acres
1039 E Cooper Avenue 14A Aspen, Colorado
4 Beds 3 Baths 1,612 SqFt
610 S West End Street A104 Aspen, Colorado
2 Beds 2 Baths 975 SqFt 0.020 Acres