When you’re buying a new home, you’ll have the chance to have the house and the property professionally inspected.
But what is the inspector looking for, and how will he or she let you know if there are issues?
What Do Home Inspectors Look For?
Your home inspector is on the lookout from the moment he or she pulls up to the house. Some of the things the inspector will check include:
- HVAC systems
- Interior plumbing
- Electrical systems
- Visible insulation
- Walls, ceilings and floors
- Windows and doors
- Structural components of the home
Your inspector will walk through with a huge checklist of items to make sure he or she doesn’t miss anything.
The inspector isn’t really on your side or the seller’s side. He or she is just there to provide you with a report of what’s going on in the house and whether things are malfunctioning.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million