3 Things to Know About Buying New Construction
Buying new construction is supposed to be an amazing experience. You’ll be the only one who’s ever lived in the home, and since you’re getting in at the proverbial “ground floor,” you’ll be able to customize it however you want.
But before you start talking to builders, here’s what you need to know.
New Construction Tip #1: Hire Your Own Realtor®
It doesn’t cost buyers a thing to work with a real estate agent, so it doesn’t make sense not to. Don’t use the builder’s real estate agent, though. Remember, the builder’s agent works for the builder—and they represent the builder’s interests, not yours.
New Construction Tip #2: Use Whatever Lender You Want
You don’t have to use the builder’s lender if you don’t want to. You have every right to shop around for mortgages and find the best terms.
New Construction Tip #3: Get Legal Advice
Before you sign a purchase contract on a newly built (or not-yet-built) home, talk to an attorney. You’ll want your lawyer to verify that the contract has terms that are favorable to you in it.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale between over $1 million