You found your dream home, and now it’s time to put in an offer.
The seller will be able to accept your offer, reject it, or counter-offer.
But sometimes buyers make big mistakes when it comes to offers.
Fortunately, you don’t have to. Your Aspen Realtor® will be there to help guide you. Still, though, it’s a good idea to understand what some of the most common mistakes are so you can avoid them.
The 3 Most Common Mistakes Buyers Make When Putting in an Offer
If you avoid major slip-ups when you’re putting in an offer, you’ll be able to enjoy a much smoother home-buying process.
Buyer Mistake #1: Taking Too Long to Make an Offer
When you find a house that you want, make an offer quickly. If you wait, you risk losing the house to someone who acted faster than you did.
Buyer Mistake #2: Putting Everything Out There at Once
Even if you’re approved by a lender to spend $800,000 on a home, you don’t have to put it all on the table. If you do, you won’t have room to negotiate. Further, offering such an exact amount for a house might cost you more than you would’ve originally spent.
Buyer Mistake #3: Lowballing the Seller
You don’t want to “lowball” the seller, because chances are good that they’ll pass up your offer and wait for a better one—especially if the home just hit the market. While you may be able to enter into negotiations with a seller after putting in a lowball offer, remember that the seller is under no obligation to accept your offer; he or she can choose to work with a buyer who comes closer (or exceeds) the home’s original asking price.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale between over $1 million