If you’re like most people, you know there are certain things you need to do to sell your home – but what if you’re accidentally sabotaging your own sale?
Here’s what you need to know.
Could You Be Sabotaging Your Sale?
Your Realtor(R) will walk through your home with you before you list to make sure you’ve addressed any issues that could scare off prospective buyers. But if you’re making these mistakes, you might not even realize it:
- Bad color schemes
- Too much personalization
- Not being flexible enough for showings
Bad Color Schemes
Buyers want to see neutral colors in a home. They know they can repaint if they want a bright, red wall in the living room or a calming ocean blue in the baby’s bedroom – and it’s your job to provide them with a clean slate. Buyers are easily put off by out-of-the-ordinary paint schemes, which means that you could be scaring them away.
Too Much Personalization
Your personal style is great, but buyers might not see it that way. Keep your home as neutral as possible when it’s on the market – especially because you don’t want buyers to notice your style. You want them to notice the home’s fabulous features.
Not Enough Flexibility for Showings
You’re busy, and that’s fine – but prospective buyers shouldn’t know that. In fact, it’s best if you’re available for just about every prospective buyer who wants to come through. If you’re turning down showings, you’re losing a chance at that buyer.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million