A lot of people think about renovating their homes before they put them on the Aspen real estate market – and if you’re one of them, here’s what you need to know.
Thinking About Renovating? These Improvements Could Increase Your Property Value
If you’re on the lookout for ways you can improve your home to boost your property values, know that you don’t have to make major upgrades. Instead, check out these ideas:
- Installing crown molding
- Master bathroom updates
Repainting a room or two in your home that look a little… well, tired, goes a long way toward impressing buyers. You can expect to spend a couple hundred dollars and an afternoon working on the paint.
If you’re hiring a painter, do more than one room – you’ll end up saving more money that way than you would if you did multiple rooms on your own.
Pro tip: Make sure you choose neutral colors. You want homebuyers to envision themselves hanging up their own art on your walls, and they can’t do that if their favorite color is green and your walls are blindingly hot pink.
Search Aspen Homes for Sale Now
Installing Crown Molding
Crown molding can add elegance and style to just about any room, and it can be a DIY project. You can get wooden molding at your favorite home improvement store, paint it and install it yourself, or you can hire a contractor to add it to your dining room, master bedroom and other rooms. It’s a small renovation, but it helps set your home apart from the others in the area that are also for sale.
Master Bathroom Updates
You don’t need a major bathroom overhaul to update your space. Instead, aim for making the bathroom more like a spa by:
- Bringing in a live plant
- Hanging a new shower curtain
- Placing scented – but unlit – candles on your countertops
- Adding some art to the walls
Are You Selling a Home in Aspen?
If you’re ready to sell your home in Aspen, Woody Creek, Basalt, Carbondale or Snowmass, we may be able to help you.
Get in touch with us right now to find out how much your home is worth – and discover how we’ll be able to help you sell it quickly and for top dollar.
If you’re also looking for a home for sale in Aspen or a nearby community, check out our:
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million