After you accept an offer on your home, there’s a whole process that begins.
So what happens next?
What Happens After You Accept an Offer On Your Home?
Once you accept an offer, it’s time to celebrate – but don’t get too excited, because there’s still an entire process to go through that includes:
- The buyer’s inspector
- Deciding whether to make concessions
- Waiting for closing day
The Buyer’s Inspector
The buyer will most likely hire a home inspector to come out and check up on the house. The inspector will look at everything, including the home’s major systems, its structure, and everything that’s supposed to be working.
Related: What do home inspectors look for?
Deciding Whether to Make Concessions
Sometimes the home inspector uncovers issues that the buyer will use to negotiate with you. It’s up to you to decide whether they’re worth it. If there are plenty of offers waiting in the wings, your real estate agent may advise you to move on to the next – but if there aren’t, you might want to make the concessions just to sell your home. Don’t make any big decisions without talking to your agent, though – you don’t want to make a mistake that costs you in the long run.
Waiting for Closing Day
Closing day is typically 30 to 60 days after you accept an offer. While it’s a pain to wait, it’s worth it – and besides, you can use that time to pack.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million