When you’re selling your home in Aspen, Basalt, Carbondale, Snowmass or Woody Creek, updates can make a huge difference in the price you’re able to get for it.
But should you upgrade to granite countertops to sell?
Should You Upgrade to Granite Countertops to Sell?
Granite countertops usually range between $2,000 and $4,500 to install (that includes labor cost and materials). But there are ways you can save:
- Shop around for the best prices. Just because you always buy your products from one home improvement store, that doesn’t mean they’ll have the best deals on supplies.
- Use remnants. If you’re doing a small space, like a bathroom, you might be able to use remnants. They’re typically much more affordable than having a piece of stone cut for one project.
- Buy a prefab countertop. Prefabricated countertops can be cheaper than those that need to be specifically cut – and if you’re moving out of the home, that may be the best way to go, anyway. Buyers aren’t too keen on complete customizations.
- Use granite tile. Rather than one slab of granite, consider using pieces of granite tile. Obviously, that won’t go over as well in a kitchen as it will in a bathroom – but you should know that granite tile costs between $5 and $15 per square foot installed, which is much more cost-effective than a full countertop.
Search for Aspen Real Estate Listings Now
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million