But should you upgrade to granite countertops to sell?
Should You Upgrade to Granite Countertops to Sell?
Granite countertops usually range between $2,000 and $4,500 to install (that includes labor cost and materials). But there are ways you can save:
- Shop around for the best prices. Just because you always buy your products from one home improvement store, that doesn’t mean they’ll have the best deals on supplies.
- Use remnants. If you’re doing a small space, like a bathroom, you might be able to use remnants. They’re typically much more affordable than having a piece of stone cut for one project.
- Buy a prefab countertop. Prefabricated countertops can be cheaper than those that need to be specifically cut – and if you’re moving out of the home, that may be the best way to go, anyway. Buyers aren’t too keen on complete customizations.
- Use granite tile. Rather than one slab of granite, consider using pieces of granite tile. Obviously, that won’t go over as well in a kitchen as it will in a bathroom – but you should know that granite tile costs between $5 and $15 per square foot installed, which is much more cost-effective than a full countertop.
Search for Aspen Real Estate Listings Now
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million