When you’re selling your home in Aspen, Basalt, Carbondale, Snowmass or Woody Creek, your Realtor(R) might suggest that you repaint it. Maybe you only need a few rooms done, or perhaps the whole house.
The good news: There are ways you can save money on repainting.
Tips to Save Money on Repainting Your Home to Sell
- Shop around
- Get everything in writing
- Do some of the work yourself
Don’t automatically work with the first painter you call – or the one all your family and friends recommend. You might be missing some great deals. In fact, painters often run specials to stay competitive, so get plenty of quotes.
Search for Aspen Real Estate Listings Now
Get Everything in Writing
Make sure everything you and your painter agree to is in writing. You need time estimates for the job as well as costs – that way, you know what you’re getting into.
Do Some of the Work Yourself
Sometimes you can do a little bit of the work yourself to save on labor costs. If you’re having the outside of your home painted, for example, you can trim the shrubs. Inside, you can move furniture, remove and reinstall outlet covers and doorknobs, and do prep work like sanding and patching yourself.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or the Surrounding Communities?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here. Call us at 970-429-8275 or contact us online to let us know what you’re looking for so we can start searching right away.
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million