When you buy a home for sale in Aspen (or when you’re selling one) and you’re dealing with a tiny closet, use these hacks to get the most from it.
Got a Small Closet? Here’s How to Make it Bigger
If renovating your home isn’t in the cards, check out these tips:
- Work on minimizing clutter
- Put up a fresh coat of paint
- Add a light fixture
- Invest in organizers
Let’s take a deeper look at each of these tips.
Tiny Closet Tip #1. Work on minimizing clutter.
All your off-season clothes need to go so you don’t have to do battle with them each time you’re looking for your favorite top. That might mean investing in vacuum-sealed bags to stash under your bed or boxing things up and actually using your attic.
Tiny Closet Tip #2. Put up a fresh coat of paint.
Take everything out of your closet and paint the walls white. Bright spaces appear larger, so you won’t feel so claustrophobic when you’re foraging around looking for the right clothes.
Search Aspen Homes for Sale Now
Tiny Closet Tip #3. Add a light fixture.
Brighten up your tiny closet with a light fixture. You don’t have to re-wire the house, either – you can get battery-powered LED fixtures and attach them to the ceiling. The light will bathe the space and make it appear larger – and you might even discover some unused space in the corners that you couldn’t see before.
Tiny Closet Tip #4. Invest in organizers.
Closet organizers can be a tremendous help. Building shelves and shoe racks will help you keep things neat as a pin, and when your tiny closet is neat, it’s a lot easier to fit more stuff inside.
Pro Tip: If you’re selling your home, you definitely need to do all four of these things. That way, buyers can get a good look at the space that’s available – and they won’t feel like it’s too tiny to house all their belongings.
Are You Buying a Home in Aspen or a Nearby Community?
We’d love to help you find your dream home here.
While you’re here you can also browse our:
- Aspen real estate listings
- Basalt real estate listings
- Carbondale real estate listings
- Snowmass real estate listings
- Woody Creek real estate listings
Search Aspen Real Estate Listings by Price
- Aspen homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Aspen homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Aspen homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Aspen homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Aspen homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Aspen homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Aspen homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Aspen homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Aspen homes for sale over $1 million